Click to Start - My Access
Florida Access is a system created by the Florida Department of Children and Families. Access stands for Automated Community Connection to Economic Self Sufficiency. Florida Access allows you to submit one application in order to be considered for Florida’s financial aid programs, such as the Florida Food Assistance Program (also known as SNAP or food stamps), temporary cash assistance, and Medicaid. You can also check on the status of your applications through Florida Access.
If you are trying to login to My ACCESS Florida Account, we can help. In the article below, you will find the login information for your ACCESS account. If you do not have an account and need help creating one, continue reading – there is detailed, step by step instructions to help you set up your account. You can use the My ACCESS site to apply for Florida Food Assistance Program (Food Stamps/SNAP), Medical Assistance, and Temporary cash assistance for families with children (TANF).
What benefits can you get through Florida Access?
- The Florida Department of Children and Families website offers the following benefits on its website as of November 2021:
- Food assistance
- Temporary cash assistance (which is given through the TANF, or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program)
- Medicaid and Medicaid for pregnant women
- Disaster SNAP
- Refugee services
- By submitting an application through the website, you will apply for all of these programs at once and be approved if you qualify.
How to Create an Account for My Access Florida?
- There are two ways to create an ACCESS Florida account. It is dependent on whether you already have a case number. My place
- Create a My Access Florida account with a file number
- Your personal information must be entered: First, last, and email addresses are required to create an account.
- Please provide information about the case: In the second step, enter your “Card Number,” “Zip Code,” “Beneficiary Name,” “Beneficiary Last Name,” and “Beneficiary Date of Birth” to complete this section.
- Create an identifier and password: In this step, create your “User ID,” your “Password,” and re-enter the password to configure your connection information.
- Security Questions – You must define three security questions and answers. Those who forget their password can reset it.
- Notification method: select your language. And choose the option you want to receive the email or notification by U.S. mail. By clicking on the “Email” option, you will receive information about the email address provided. When you click on U.S. Mail, MyAccessFlorida will stay in touch by sending an email to your inbox.
- User Acceptance Agreement: Check the box to accept the terms and conditions and services, then click the Next button.
- Checklist: In the last step, you will receive a list to set up your account.
- Visit my Access website at www.myflorida.com Access Florida
- Click Sign In or create your MyAccess account.
- You will be redirected to a page where you will enter your user I.D. and password.
- Then click the Login button.
Apply for My Florida Access Benefits:
- To apply for the benefits, open the page www.myflorida.com Access Florida.
- As the page opens at the center, click on the ‘Apply for benefits’ button.
- You will be taken to the next screen. There click on the ‘Apply for benefits’ button.
- Choose your application status and click on the ‘Next’ button on the next page.
- You will be asked if you have an account, then you have to log in and create an online account first to apply.
- Suppose you want to finish an application, click on the ‘Next’ button. You have to log in to the online account and then follow the prompts.
What You Can Do with My Access Florida Login Account?
- There are several actions you can complete using the My Access Florida login, which is related to the main purpose of myaccessflorida.com and Florida’s department that deal with helping and alleviating needing from poverty and poor health programs.
- Determine Eligibility for Public Assistance Benefits at www.myflorida.com Access Florida
- Apply for Public Assistance Benefits
- Check the Status of a Benefits Application
- Manage your Current Benefits
- Check your Current Benefits Balance
- View your Transaction History
- Update your Account Information
- Submit Verification Documents
The system is accessible 24 hours and 7 days a week, so you can submit or check on your application at any time.